Monday, April 14, 2014

Dining Hall Delights

Hello, Hello!

Today I had what felt like a life-changing dining hall experience. Let me start at the beginning. First, my school's food is really not that bad. It's pretty good, to be honest. Even though it's a small school, there are 2 dining halls and several other places to get snacks too. The company is going a great job incorporating local foods and being creative with their meal options. But of course, it's hard producing food in masses, so sometimes dinner is just...not that great. If you are, or ever have been, a college student...you know what I mean. You're starving after class and studying, and then you come into the dining hall and it's just....why are the carrots hard? Why is the pizza so greasy? Why is there NO food? And then you eat cereal for dinner.

Sad!!

But no more! There are ways people!

So here begins "Dining Hall Delights"! I've been trying to be more creative with my food, and I'd like to share it with you all, and of course, hear from you all!

This is a pretty simple thing, but SO good! I gave up dessert for lent which has been so hard for me because I love chocolate and sweets. Like, if I could bring one food on a desert island, chocolate is a huge contender. Tonight I just needed something sweet, and the school happened to have a "waffles for dinner station". I added blueberries, bananas, brown sugar (honey could have worked too), yogurt, and coconut, and mixed it all up. It was just delicious and hit the spot! I was also thinking this could be done using any fresh fruit, or using fruit yogurt instead. I'd also like to try adding a jam instead of fruit as well. The coconut was definitely an exciting thing and made it better. But a bag of coconut is not to pricey and can easily be smuggled into a dining hall. :) Also there could be other sweet things to add! Why not crumbling up a cookie or some sweet cereal?

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a picture of it, but I encourage you all to try it!

Love,

Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment