Sunday, April 13, 2014

Stampin'

Hello all!

I thought I would start with a basic craft to get things rolling. 

This time I took the stamps to fabric, making a hand stamped scarf. I simply used one stamp, a paintbrush, an old scarf, and fabric paint. Easy!


So many amazing stamps!!



First, I painted black paint onto the tree stamp. Make sure it's evenly coated. I tested my designs on paper first to see which looked the best with paint. I loved the watering can but it had too much detail for this project. When I decided on the tree, I painted it, and then I just pressed it firmly onto my scarf!


Painting stamps...ignore the slightly messy room.


These are the stamps on paper. Notice that the dark watering can came out pretty ink-heavy. 


If you paint unevenly, or stamp without painting again, above^^ could occur. A little mistake that looks sort of vintage to me! 


wah-la!

And here, my friends is the final product!




Next time I stamp fabric, I think it would be really cute to make a headscarf! It would be so simple. Just scrap fabric, and then some funky stamps!

What have you all been making lately?

xo,

Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment