Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Thoreau

Happy Wednesday!!

This week I wanted to share a quote by Henry David Thoreau. I was between a few, but when I stumbled upon this one again, it seemed just perfect.

"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day"
-Henry David Thoreau 

I love this because it's so fitting as the weather begins to change. It's finally thawing outside and brightening up! It's exciting and totally rejuvenating. Still, it's a busy time of year and it can be hard to fit in some time for a walk, even a short time. And even some days it still feels a little too cold, or rainy out! Yet, there's so much truth in Thoreau's words. I was really inspired to  get out and explore the cemetery on campus. I can't believe I hadn't gone there before! Here's some snaps from my mini adventure:






It may seem a little spooky, but I love exploring old cemeteries. They are naturally melancholy places, but contain a lot of beauty too. Gravestones can be so ornate or so simple, so detail-oriented or plain. It's like an another art form. Mount Auburn Cemetery is one of my favorite cemeteries, particularly because of all of the beautiful trees scattered throughout. My family used to explore cemeteries a bit when I was younger. I've been to Mount Auburn many times; my parents love walking and trees, so it's a great combination! These pictures are from late January.







I hope you all enjoy the spring air!

Liv 

No comments:

Post a Comment