Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Refashion: baggy t-shirts

Ever see a t-shirt you can't resist? I found this shirt at a square dance for $3 a year ago, and I couldn't resist. The style, however, was a little grandma-ish. I vowed to do something with it and I finally got around to it.

 It was so simple and I wear this shirt all the time now. I made it off the shoulder for the summer. I didn't end up fixing the sleeves with sewing. Instead, I rolled them.


The original shirt: a little too boxy!


A close up of the fabric. I just love the little vines and leaf detail!


Step 1: to make your shirt off the shoulder, try it on and decide how low you want. I made mine pretty much completely off the shoulder, but a smaller hole would stay up more. 



Step 2: Altering the size. To make your shirt smaller, try it on and pinch the sides close to your body. I took mine in about an inch. Turn the shirt inside out and pinch it in again and pin the sides.

Step 3: Sew up the sides, and try it on to see if the shirt fits. It's very to adjust it it-unravel the stitches and try again for a better fit.


As you can see, mine is very off the shoulder. To make it less open, simply cut closer to the original neckline. Another option is to use an elastic so it would stay up better! I like mine because it was a simple, 30-min project, but had so many possibilities!

Cheers,

Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment